Tuesday, May 21, 2013

There's Always A Rainbow After It Rains

Shelby from Nystroms and Nugget. came to visit me today!

I can't even begin to explain how much of a roller coaster life was last week. Last week was full of hormones, mood swings, and unpacking stress. I don't think anything can ruin this week and it's only Tuesday! I'm just going to give you a day by day playbook of what's been going on since Sunday!

SUNDAY (Let The Baby Registry Begin)
     We are officially registered at TargetWalmart, and on Babyli.st! I don't know when you last walked thru the baby section but I was in shock! There is so many things, gadgets, and whatchamacallits. Some are pure genius and others you just want to shake your head at. I had my mind made up when my husband and I walked in that I wouldn't go to crazy on the registry. I scanned a few items before Jordan stole the scanner and started acting like he was on the M.I.B ride and all the price tags were little aliens that were going to suck out your brain! Sound effects were made along with several laughs. The most disturbing thing that I did see was the following.
As much as I love my son, I don't think I will ever have the stomach to do this. I'm just going to stick with the blue boogie bulb they give you in the hospital. If any of you plan on going to register at Target soon, I suggest opening up the goodie bag first because they have a list of all the suggested items. We are just beginning the registry at Walmart (we're still working on that registry) because they have some items that Target doesn't have which sucks because I love Target baby but Walmart is a lot more budget friendly even though I don't think the words baby and budget friendly go together in anyway. 

     Now, I'm not going to go into full detail about my new favorite site since that's a whole nother (I don't that's gramatically correct--- oh well) post. To the inventor of babyli.st, I bow down to you. If you have ever been pregnant then you know about the pregnancy brain. Babyli.st is like pinterest for registries. You download the "Add to BabyList" button into your toolbar and you can "pin" items from different websites onto one registry. You get a customizable url that you can share via facebook or give out on your invites. It's just fantastic. You can organize the pins into categories and it's easy to check off when someone buys an item. Favorite site ever!!

Monday (Finally Unpacked)
     We are officially unpacked 100% and organized! I have caught up on all of the laundry and basically the only dirty clothes we have are the clothes we are wearing! I have the nursery cleared of all moving boxes so I can actually start making it look like a nursery! I put together the changing table so now people won't see it as just another empty room with pieces of wood on the floor. All we are waiting for is the nightstand and TV we left in NC which will be down here in a week or so! 
There's just something about a splash of yellow. I think it's thanks to Heather Burris at Tickled Yellow!
"From there to here, from here to there, baby things are everywhere!" 


Tuesday (Nystroms and Nugget. & The Doctor All In One Day)
     Today, I was honored with the presence of Shelby and her husband Josh today. They are expecting a little chicken nugget this winter. Shelby is 10 weeks behind me so I guess I'm going to be the experimental mother. If I find an easier way to handle things then she'll know and won't have to go through trial and error the first time around. She'll thank me later.
     With 3 dogs running around like crazy fighting over toys, with it raining cats and dogs outside, and with the pomeranian chasing the husky around the couch it's a miracle we were able to have a conversation. We vented about all of our pregnancy stories and it was nice to finally talk to someone other than a dog or my family in person! I feel like a normal person again that has friends and not someone who is stuck in the house day after day. Jordan has been working 12 plus hour days so it gets pretty lonely. We talked about bumps, how we found out we were pregnant, and of course everything to do with babies! I was actually able to show off the nursery, our cozy bathroom, and our amazing backyard! It's nice to have a friend that can relate to pregnancy brain and all things baby. 
    I also finally got the call that I've been waiting for. I finally heard back from the doctor's office that I've been waiting to approve my medical records for weeks! I go to the doctor June 6th to check up on little Hunter. I've never been so excited for an appointment. I hope they do an ultrasound to check up on my cyst and of course the little bundle of joy. 


I just hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly as the last few days. I have plenty to look forward to this week. Tomorrow I'm catching up with another high school friend and I finally get to meet her gorgeous  5 1/2 month old princess. Thursday I'm packing for the dog show in Ft. Myers which will be Jordan's first. Friday we are on the road with the family to the show where we will be selling all of our homemade goodies from all natural treats to paracord collars and leashes to show leads! I just hope the weeks after this keep getting better as we are getting closer and closer to meeting our prince!


FOR THE COMMENTS: What good news do you have to share?
XOXO



5 comments:

  1. Obsessed with this. I foresee a TON of talking/double dates. Super happy that you are back in FL and all moved in. I will also be in forever debt to you for being the experimental mom =) But if nugget is a girl, then you will know all things girl for baby number two (in the distant future of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always the experimental one so I'm use to it! Yay for two blogging preggies!

      Delete
  2. My good news is although the pregnancy brain can be very crazy, it gives you a great excuse for the "blonde moments" lol also it all gets better (: I loved watching my belly grow and feeling Caleb kick and move. Also after the baby gets here the "bad moments" will all be worth it (:

    ReplyDelete