Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bed Rest, Bed Rest, & More Bed Rest

As much as I love you baby boy, you need to stay in there a little longer.
     Friday, we had another visit to the hospital because I was still having contractions. This time we went Florida Hospital Altamonte, which was the best decision we could of made. If we would of went there Thursday night we would not of had to go again on Friday. Nothing will ever compare to Florida Hospital Altamonte. The staff and they way they treated us was amazing! We were admitted around 1pm and you know what, they didn't make me walk up to labor & delivery. 

     After all the paperwork and getting put on monitors we had our answer in a matter of an hour or so. The reason for my contractions? A FREAKING BLADDER INFECTION. The nurses were shocked as we were as well because the DeLand Hospital didn't run my urine test to determine that. If they would of just ran that one simple test, I wouldn't have been in the hospital for 7 hours for a second day in a row. Once we had our answers all we had to wait was for the pharmacy at the hospital to receive my antibiotic shot I needed for the infection. It took the pharmacy over 4 hours to get the shot. I honestly didn't mind the wait because of how amazing the staff was, they kept us updated, and they even gave us dinner. It wasn't much: turkey sandwich, pudding, and apple juice. It's the thought that counts especially since it was a RN that brought it to us and even brought Jordan some. When I finally received the shot (most painful burning sensation ever) we were finally able to leave with the hope that we won't have to be back in labor & delivery until it's time to actually meet our baby boy this fall.

     Now that we know what is causing my pain, discomfort, and random contractions, my mind is at ease (somewhat). I'm not rushing to the hospital at the contractions I am still having today because once the infection is gone then the contractions and discomfort should disappear. It doesn't help that I'm on bed rest memorial day weekend and when my husband who works 12-15 hour days has a 4 day weekend. 

     So expect non stop pinning on pinterest, random acts of craziness, and crazy blogging updates in the next few days!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I am officially breaking bed rest and having a BBQ at my parents house tomorrow. Obviously I will just be moving from one place to the other where all I do it sit and eat, but it will be nice to be somewhere other than this stinky house staring at the same 4 walls. lol and tomorrow should be my last day! Assuming of course that the cramps and fluid completely stop.

    ReplyDelete