Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baby Makes Three (24 Weeks)

Hunter Grayson Granados Due 09-12-2013
Look! I'm not in sweats! 
How Far Along? 24 Weeks

Baby Size: Ear Of Corn est. 8.5 inches & 1.5 pounds (according to What To Expect iPhone app) 


Clothing: I actually bought me a pair of LEGGINGS this past weekend. Yes, you read correctly. I am now the owner of a pair of leggings. Megan Parker from Shooting star, breaking the mold was ecstatic when she found out. I'm still getting use to wearing what should be classified as cotton super glued onto your skin but they are comfortable. But, I will never wear LEGGINGS AS PANTS unless I am going to bed or doing yoga.

Stretch Marks: I believe I have one little patch. I'm not sure yet but I know I can't escape them forever. I am still using my Palmer's Cocoa Butter religiously like it's holy water. Morning, Noon, & Night I'm slathering myself up with that wonderful concoction. 

Sleep: I'm actually starting to enjoy it again. It's harder to sleep than before but I'm enjoying every second of it. I really have to start getting more sleep though, some days I'm like a walking zombie. Last night was the best sleep I have had in a long time. Sleep is my escape from the physical pains of pregnancy. My mind set is, if I'm sleeping then I don't feel the pain.

Best Moment This Week: Jordan finally felt Hunter move! Hunter was very active yesterday morning and the hubby was finally able to feel his son. Jordan kept trying to get Hunter to move more and more so he could feel more. It doesn't feel real until the father can feel and relate that there is an actual baby in there and someone didn't just put a picture up on the T.V. during the ultrasound. 

Boy or Girl: Baby Granados is definitely a boy!

Belly Button In Or Out? Out. I don't think my belly button will ever "pop" even though it is pretty scarred from the pregnancy already.

Movement: More and more everyday! Jordan can now feel the strong kicks and punches and he can't wait until he can physically see them. Hunter moves mainly when I'm laying down on my back.
Update: As soon as I posted this I was physically able to see him kick me! My whole stomach moved!

Food Cravings: Olives, Salad with Olive Garden italian dressing, and Apple Juice. Hunter loves his apple juice.

Have You Started To Show Yet? I believe the picture can answer for yourself. I just wonder how far my stomach can stretch. The belly is getting rounder and bigger everyday.

Swelling: The only swelling I have noticed is when I'm on my feet for too long and my right hand if I also use it for too long (like typing this blog). Hello massage and ice/heat packs tonight.

Symptoms: I have a slight appetite back from last week which is good because I do love my food. My back pain is still here and seems like it will never go away. The newest symptom is cramps! I hated cramps before and I hate them even more now. I've been having some slight to moderate cramping since yesterday afternoon. They have intensified today so a trip to the ER may be in my future tonight if they don't stop.

Moods: I've noticed that I get offended rather easy at the moment. I'm like a Mama Bear ready to attack. I use to not get offended as easily but any little thing can offend me now. Call me crazy and call me hormonal, you're probably right. There is this secret mommy group on Facebook with a bunch of local mothers and mothers to be. It is a place to sell baby stuff, vent, ask for help, opinions, and basically anything baby. I've had to hold my tongue on some of the subject because every mother out their has their right to their own opinion and can voice it. A mother can be the most opinionated person you know. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm going to bash you on Facebook. Well, sometimes I can't hold my tongue like today. Just look at the Facebook post (pictured below). I've colored out the pictures and name for privacy.
Yeah, that happened!
That status update just ticked me off so much. I went to high school with this girl, keyword went! We graduated 2010 and have now been out of high school for 3 years. We are all in our twenties and what happens when you're in your twenties? You get married and have kids. Well most of us. I love my son and my family and I have the same right to post statuses about them as much as you have the right to post statuses about parties and booze. My life is my family so therefore that's what I post. I've seen countless posts like this from people I went to high school with. If you aren't happy with what I post then just delete me. I didn't mind all the comments on their but I would just like to let everyone know who depends on birth control, BIRTH CONTROL IS NOT 100% EFFECTIVE! This was how I was blessed with my little bundle of joy. Just because some people get the luck of the draw and their eggo doesn't get preggo doesn't mean people don't know what it is.

Looking Forward To: This weekend we will be traveling to Ft. Myers for a dog show and I'll be selling my paracord dog collars, leashes, and accessories. I'm really excited to also start planning for our Dr. Seuss themed baby shower and plan out the nursery! I want to speed up so I can see my son but I also want to cherish these last few weeks as I'm inching closer and closer to that dreaded third trimester.


Don't Forget To Comment XOXO
Am I Being A Little To Hormonal About That Facebook Post?




2 comments:

  1. Nicely put. I understand you with taking offense. I think it's more hormonal than not. Sometimes all you can do is remind people the world is changing and people are growing at faster rates. If people are not at the same stage in their life, there is no reason to post about it. Sooner or later that girl will be posting about her marriage and kids and how wonderful life is. Holding our mama tongues is all we can do and then smile when we see the posts that once made her cringe.
    I can not wait for Josh to begin feeling our popcorn shrimp moving! I know the pregnancy will hit me ten times harder!

    Love you and Hunter bunches
    xoxo-Nystroms and Nugget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching my son kick. It's so amazing how God created women to create another human life in us. Seeing him kick everyday makes it seem more real that I am having a baby. I have had a lot of people say I'm too young to have a baby & to be engaged, but you know what I don't listen to them :) so what if I wanted to start my family early, it just means that I will get to do more things and enjoy doing them once I have my son and once he is older. :) I can't wait to meet my son & to meet Hunter, they defiantly can have play dates too!

    -Christine (http://christinenelson18.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete